Monday 10 February 2014

Labels: CQJP2014, January Tuesday, January 07, 2014 Some naked blocks Pictured below are blocks constructed in early November 2013in the hope I would have some stitching time whilst on a cruise around the North and South Islands of New Zealand. No prize for guessing that I didn't pack my sewing kit! . Yesterday (January 6) I started stitching chain : Using one of Sharon B's plastic templates, I started with a simple chain stitch. However because it's still so hot here in south east Queensland my hands were far too sticky for hand work, so I didn't even complete the three inch seam. After big storms last night I'm hoping that we have cooler weather for a while and that more stitching will happen. By the way: over on KenmaursCorner is a few comments I blogged there in early December Posted by Maureen at 10:18 AM No comments: Email This BlogThis! Share to Twitter Share to Facebook Links to this post Labels: Naked; stencils Monday, January 06, 2014 CQJP 2014 After leaving this blog in Never Land for virtually six years, Kurli's Kottage is being re incarnated to allow me to blog my work on the Crazy Quilt Journal Project 2014. My KenMaursCorner will still get the occasional blog update. Why this back flip? Well (hanging my head in embarrassment) I just don't seem able to successfully add the CQJP2014 "badge" to information already on this blog. And my dear friend Maureen Bond of CrazyQStitcher who has been instrumental in my returning to CQ is unable to help me include the badge on KenMaursCorner, so here goes nothing. For some time I have been uncomfortable in veering away from CQ and spending much time and money on Fabric and Fibre Postcards, and around Christmas, Australia Post made it easy to bite the bullet and walk away from making a swapping fabric postcards, by INCREASING postage rates by Au ninety-five cents per card! I may still make the odd card in the future, but no longer will I be making and posting as many cards as I used to. Posted by Maureen at 5:00 PM No comments: Email This BlogThis! Share to Twitter Share to Facebook Links to this post

No comments:

Post a Comment